- In a large bowl combine nuts, sugar, cloves, cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter baking sheet or jelly roll pan well. Brush 5 sheets of phyllo dough with melted
butter. Place them on top of one another in pan.
- On top of the fifth layer spread thick layer of nut mixture. On top of that, place 2
sheets of phyllo dough, each spread with melted butter.
- Using remaining phyllo sheets, spread thin layer of nut mixture on each, reserving 3
plain sheets of dough for topping, each one layered with melted butter.
- Liberally brush whole top with melted butter. With a sharp knife, cut the pastry into
diamond shaped pieces prior to baking. Bake 45-60 minutes on middle shelf of oven. When
pastry appears golden brown it is sufficiently baked.
In a saucepan boil 2 cups sugar and 1-1/2 cups water until they begin to thicken and form
a thread. Add 1/2 cup honey and boil. Cook over medium heat 20-25 minutes thick &
syrupy. Add 2 tablespoons of rose water or orange blossom water and 1 tablespoon of lemon
juice. Skim foam off syrup and allow to cool. While pastry is still hot, pour syrup over
If you have a recipe that you would like to share with us, please drop us a note. Thank you!